The Membertou/Maupeltu Governance Committee
The Objectives of this Committee are as follows:
- Consider the context of First Nation codes and laws in Canada;
- Review various First Nation codes and laws;
- Consider specific options and related provisions for the community of Membertou;
- Engage Membertou community members on key decisions points related to the development of Membertou codes and laws;
- Discuss and summarize key points of agreement that can form drafting instructions; and
- Discuss and summarize key points of disagreement so that a strategy for code development and ratification can be formulated.